Friday, September 12, 2008

09/11...just blabbering

I did not want to post about 9-11 yesterday because it REALLY affected me. I remember every detail of that morning (as is the case with many, I'm sure). I remember the feeling of worry as I thought that we were under attack. I just thought "how many more planes are going to go down by days end?" I remember wanting to get home as soon as I could to hold my babies..and wondering if they knew what was going on and if they were scared? I cried for days. I love this country!! I can't stand when people complain about our president or our government or how things are run. If you don't like it, then move. I hear Venezuela has a great leader (written with sarcasm)!! I guarantee, everyone that complains about this country wouldn't last a day anywhere else. I can't stand when people disrespect our flag. I can't stand those who move to this country and then fly their Mexican flag in front of their homes. If you are so dang proud of Mexico, then why'd you leave? Go back!! We don't want to pay your medical bills anyways...my own family doesn't even have insurance. I think my strong feelings about this subject are due to my patriotic background. I grew up with a father who served 3 tours in Vietnam. He was in the Marine Corps for 28 long years...and loved every minute of it. I grew up in military housing..I knew the Marine Corps hymn before I knew Mary Had a Little Lamb...really.
Anyways, this is why I didn't post yesterday...because I would have talked about it and I didn't feel like crying. But I made the mistake of turning the TV on last night and the history channel had a few shows on about 9-11. I cried...and cried...and cried. And then I was up all night. I couldn't get 9-11 out of my mind. I had 2 bad dreams (which I never have) and just kept tossing and turning. And every time I woke up I thought about the happenings of that day. So needless to say, I should have just blogged all about it and gotten it all out of my system. Then maybe, I would have woken up with my kids today...thank goodness for hubby who got them off to school for me.

3 comments:

mother of seven said...

Not just blabbering!!!!

Thanks:) I agree 100% as always!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog. I do remember details. I cried for days, too. I remember that you did, too.

Nothing more to say, except LOVE YA!!!

Thank your Dad for his service to our country.

spice2116 said...

hey love!!! when 9/11 hit lars and i just got married and i was worried he would get drafted and have to leave me :(

i agree with you full on about others criticism