Friday, September 19, 2008

Mi Vida Loca...a little long..but crazy!

I got up this morning and, due to recent events that have taken place, decided I would go to the school for a friendly visit. Upon arrival, the bell rang. As all of the students rushed into their classrooms to get settled in for the day I ran into Stephs teacher from last year and chatted with her for a minute in the hallway. By the time we were done chatting the teacher that I actually went to see had a classroom full of kids. When I walked in to say hi, she was no where to be found. I asked the students where she was and they told me that she was in the classroom next door because the substitute for that class never arrived. I waited there for her and when she came back in she looked a little flustered and said..."hi...sorry about that...I'm dealing with 2 classes right now because their sub never got here". I said "oh, well if it would help I can take that class". Not thinking she would really hand them over to me. Well, she did. She walked me into the teacherless class and said "class, this is Mrs Wright. She'll be sitting with you until a teacher arrives". Next thing I knew, I was barking orders, doing timed math tests and collecting lunch money!! After about 20 minutes, I was replaced. I was a little bummed to leave them. They were such a great class!! I grew quite fond of them. It was actually quite fun. I think I may one day go to school to do that for a living. I could definitely see myself bossing around 30 or so punks!!
Anyways, when I left the school I went to Walgreens and as I was leaving the parking lot of Walgreens I look up and see 2 guys arguing. One of them had a golf club in his hand and was stepping toward the other guy. The other guy was backing up with his hands in the air and yelling "help, someone help, this guys crazy!!". I immediately called 911 and while on the phone with the 911 operator a crowd began to form. Everyone looked a little worried and frantic so I rolled down my window to tell them all that I had dialed 911. The victim in this duo (the one with no golf club) came running up to my truck and said "let me in, please, he's crazy!!..He thinks I just robbed his vacuum shop!! he's going to kill me". While yelling all this at me, he is frantically pulling at my door handles..."please!! Let me in!!". I could see the golf club freak coming up behind him towards my truck so I yelled "get in!!". I put the pedal to the medal and sped off around the building. All the while being on the phone with 911. The 911 operator said "um, ma'am, did you just let someone in your vehicle?". Yes, I replied. She said "do not leave the Walgreens parking lot!! You have no idea who this man is...stay on the phone with me until the police arrive". Okay, I said. Then, it hit me, who is this guy? I mean, what if he's as big a freak as the other one. Immediately, he started asking me to drive him to his friends house...he said "Look ma'am, I don't want no trouble...I don't want to press charges, I just want to get away from that guy. I'm on probation!! I can't be having the cops questioning me". I said, no, I was told to stay in the parking lot. he said "well can you just drive me to the far end of the parking lot then?". So then, I thought, somethings up...he really doesn't want to deal with the cops!! Then I placed him under citizens arrest and everyone praised me and the cops gave me some leftover donuts!! Just Kidding. But I did beging to worry and told him to get out right there. By this time the cops were behind my vehicle and I felt safe. While questioning me though, he disappeared and so did the golf club freak. So there I was...the innocent bystander being questioned while the 2 idiots got away. I kept saying.."the golf club freak owns a vacuum store...go find the vacuum store and you will find him". They had 4 cars with 2 officers each and no one could find either guy. Once I was let go, I went straight to the vacuum store and found the guy...I did explain to him that I didn't know who the other guy was and he just got in my truck. He said that the guy had just robbed him and that he turned me in as the guys accomplice. I assured him I wasn't and gave him a business card to have the police call me. He thanked me and I drove off. Wow!! What a day!!
So now, I don't know, should I be a 6th grade teacher and bark orders? A cop and find vacuum shops? (you know, since the cops cant) or an accomplice? I think I did well at all 3 roles.

11 comments:

Darin said...

Wow, what an exciting day. I can just picture you in all three roles-- pretty impressive! It sure was fun seeing you yesterday!

Janalee said...

Well your tales make my tales look like such small potatos!

You're always chumming it up with the cops aren't you?

Bianca said...

holy hannah. what a story! good thing you are ok! who knows what kind of weirdo hopped in your car!!!

mother of seven said...

wow......as sands thru the hour glass.... these are the days of our lives!!!!

spice2116 said...

i think it would be fun to boss little punks around :p lol never a dull moment

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mija, that was a dumb move. Definitely not the smartest thing you've ever done.

Anonymous said...

I think the guy wanted to split the proceeds with you. I think there's more to the story than what you're leading us to believe.

Julie said...

I think you're a Freak Art!!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

omg you are nuts! i can't believe you let the guy get in your car LOL

paula said...

I think you would make an awesome
6th grade teacher, just enough mean and onry mixed with caring to make them love you.

You are way braver or stupider than me (no offense, I can be pretty stupid too) I would NEVER let someone I didn't know into my care, especailly in that situation. Wow, weren't you scared? I would have been. Julie the brave, Julie the bold.