Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm a wimp!!

A week and 2 days ago I held lunch bunch at my house. This is where a group of ladies from church (anyone who wants to) comes and we all bring a dish. We usually have a theme such as salads, mexican, soups, whatever. Anyways, when everyone was here on Thursday someone called me and as I turned to look at them I got a sudden pain in my knee. I tried to ignore it until everyone was gone. And that night it began to hurt a little more. Well, as time has gone by now, it has progressively gotten worse. Thursday it became excrutiatingly painful and I literally could not walk. I have been taking ibuprofen and when I do, the pain seems to go away for a while but once it wears off I feel as though I am being stabbed in the knee. Now I would like to think that I can withstand some serious pain but I guess since it is so bothersome and I am complaining about it then maybe I can't. There, I admitted it...I'm a wimp!!
I once gave birth to a 10 pound 10 ounce baby. That's right, no epidural! I did have what they call a sitting dose though...don't know what that is but let me tell you...I felt it all!! Anyways, if I had to compare the pain in my knee to anything it would be comparible to that birth. That's right...if it were possible to give birth thru the knee, this is what it would feel like...I know it for sure!!
Now that I'm done whining, I'd like to wish you all a Happy Sabbath. Please pray for me and my child bearing painful knee...this may just drive me to inactivity!! I can't hardly take it.

4 comments:

Alli H. said...

I hope that you begin to feel better soon. I am so sorry that you hurt. You are not a wimp. You are human.

spice2116 said...

dont stress we all have that pain that drives us nuts once in a while

mother of seven said...

I love good food. Call me next time you do that...

So what is up with the knee? let me know I will be thinking of you.....

Make sure you ice it, and for the love. Get off your feet!!!

Unknown said...

You are such a crack-up, even when you're in such horrific agony. Did the hospital visit take your mind off your knee? Danny wants to know if you used the Lamaze breathing for your knee pain? And try sucking on ice chips.