Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Young Love

Long ago, when we decided to move to this desert they call Mesa, we were in the Eastridge ward. We were one of 3 families that were new to the ward. And all 3 families had kids that were going into 8th grade. Josh became really good friends with one of them. Her name is Julia. I was her moms visiting teacher and I just fell in love with both Julia and her mom. We moved away from that ward 3 years ago and Josh and Julia have stayed in touch. Never dating, always just claiming to be "best friends". Well, when Josh was away at boot camp he called me one night and told me that he thought he was going to ask Julia out when he got home. I told him that I didn't think it would be a good idea because once you date you can never go back to being "just friends". And as he always has, he ignored my advice and dated her anyways. They have been inseperable since the night he got home. I have always liked Julia...she is sweet, fun, and moral. And she wears her young womens medallion with pride. I figured since it has been almost 3 months, I would post a pic of the 2 of them. They are just really cute together. Ahhh, young love!! Remember that?

6 comments:

Cindy Spratling said...

Hey Julie,
Your blog is so fun to read. Jared cracked us up at scouts yesterday! We really enjoy having him. And I love days where I don't do the big things (like laundry) but I do the small things that matter, like calling my parents, going to lunch (even if it's just Arby's) with my husband. Fun!

Janalee said...

He certainly looks smitten

mother of seven said...

where exactly did you live? Cuz I live in The Villages of Eastridge....Although this is the MADERO WARD. I wonder if I know this family.

Is it a small world?

Unknown said...

Was this a "natural" picture or was he posing? Cuz that is the greatest pic I've seen. He's looking at her with a "lovey" face and she's looking at you with a "gotcha" face - I love it!

spice2116 said...

wasnt he dating another girl before he left? how do you know cindy? is she in the ward now?

Ashley said...

Cute! I agree with Janalee, he does indeed look smitten.