Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

I don't think it's ever been mentioned on my blog how much I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!!! Every year in the month of November, I count down the days...all the while wondering what it is that will entice me to get up at 2AM. Every November, I start surfing the black friday websites but those websites just never do the sales justice. I need pictures!! I need to SEE what I'm buying. Then on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I get the jitters...my heart starts beating really fast and I can't concentrate. I get an excitement like none other. For 2 days, I sit by the front door just wondering when it will get here...that FAT Thanksgiving paper that advises me of my destiny for "Black Friday".
This year was no different. I waited and waited, pacing the halls, biting my nails, envisioning my victorious trip to Wal-Mart, getting everything I went for...I was like a druggy waiting for her fix.
Thanksgiving got here, My BFFL and I rushed out and got the paper. We went through it and then we went through it again...no Wal Mart ad? No Jo-Ann's ad? Something had to be wrong!! Since when does Wal Mart not put an ad out? We went through the ads again and there was just nothing that I had to have. There was nothing that I couldn't live without or that I could justify getting up at 130 or 2 for. This made me a bit sad as there has always been a reason for the madness but this year, there was nothing I wanted to get up at 2:00 for. We saw some really cute things and thought well, we can sleep in and hit these stores at 7. So we did. We had a route mapped out. First we would hit Walgreens for an awesome buy on some 4 ft. potted pre-lit Christmas Trees. Then we would hit Michaels for 25% off of our total purchase. Then Target for...well, not really for anything but just to see what we could find.
It was great!! We slept in and still got everything that we wanted. I was kind of bummed not to go out in the wee hours of the morning as I have for the past 10 years but the sleep was well needed. I have most of Christmas shopping done for hubby's family and my 2 younger kids. I also bought some great Christmas stuff for the house. I can't wait to put it all out!!
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY!!

2 comments:

Janalee said...

ok, now take everything you just said and reverse it and that's me. I refuse to shop on black friday. Art did Kohls though.

BFFL - Best Friends' FatherinLaw?

Heather said...

Amen, I love black friday too!