Sunday, November 23, 2008

Spotlight

Friday night my phone rings and it was a lady from the RS Presidency. She said she was working on the monthly newsletter and they wanted to spotlight me (you know, because I'm new and all). I said okay and she asked me to tell her a little about myself. I thought, and then I thought some more and surprisingly, I had nothing to say!! Of course, anyone that really knows me knows that I never run out of things to say...especially about myself!! Had this been someone from my old ward they definitely would have gotten an earful. They would have had to cut me off and tell me they wanted to spotlight me not write a novel. However, this poor woman did not get that response. After much thought I simply said, "I like blogging". "okay" she said. Then we sat there. I counted her respirations in an awkward moment of silence and thought I better say something else. "Ummmm, I have 5 kids". "Okay" she said again. Silence...more silence...I laughed because it was completely not like me to be so quiet and withdrawn. She laughed (like a, what are we laughing at? laugh). Then I said, "alright, why don't you just ask me some questions and I will answer them for you". "Alright" she said. Then she interviewed me like I was someone famous...it was great!!
I tell you this because it got me thinking...who am I? These "new" people in my lives should know who I am and I didn't tell her jack!! My kids should know who I am. I have been horrible about keeping a journal. So I started a new blog. It is nothing any of you would want to read but just my autobiography. Who I am, where I came from, and my life experiences....I was a horrible teenager!! Really, I was. Anyways, once I get enough written about myself I will give you all the link. Right now, I have my birthgiven name, my date of birth and where I was born....totally boring!! However, it will get better. So thanks sister Andrew...you inspired me to write my autobiography!!
Anyways, I didn't get to see the spotlight because I missed church today. It probably went something like this:
Our spotlight this month is on Julie Wright...she is boring!!

6 comments:

mother of seven said...

Julie!!! I love it... I forgot to call you back. I will tomorrow. Brenlie has been throwing up for the last 3 days....Now i am doing LOTS of laundry....ARG!!!

Anonymous said...

You are anything but boring!!! You first are Loved...then we can hardly wait to see what you will say next.... I am sure that I should do this as well for my kids and my grand kids.
looking forward to seeing what you write of yourself. be good

Janalee said...

julie you keep making me laugh, stop it.

Heather said...

Aw, I missed your spotlight. I will grab a newsletter next week. I am always behind in primary! You hardly seem boring, let down your hair and show us your true colors girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules
I've been meaning to ask you something. What is this "ward" to which you sometimes refer. I think you try to allude to something related to church, but I think it's part of a mental institution. NOT that there's anything WRONG with that. I am not judging here. Just been meaning to ask. I think you should've told that chick you were WAXY MAMA.

Smootches
DeeDee

Bianca said...

Mrs. Boring, I've finally added you back on my blog list.