Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Great Finds

The kids were off for Veterans Day yesterday. We did nothing too spectacular. Justin and Jared went and helped a boy in our ward with his Eagle Scout Project. Afterwards, Jared went on a fieldtrip with his scout troop to the Desert Botanical Gardens. He had fun. So Steph and I decided to have a little fun of our own. I haven't done anything "crafty" in months (since before football season) and I have not found any of my refrigerator magnets since we moved. Sooooo, we made these cute magnets. We were very proud of ourselves.
And that was the extent of our day.
Thought I would take Jolene's suggestion and post some of the things I got yard sale-ing on Saturday. Let me know what you think....this cute little bowl (with nothing in it) was $3

I have been in the market for some barstools for our kitchen. Of course these are nothing fancy schmancy, but for $2 a piece I couldn't pass them up. They will do until I find those "perfect" ones...if there is such a thing.This duo (which matches the red in my bedroom) was $5. I liked the vases more than the flowers. Can you see how they are antiqued? Love it!!These chairs were...are you ready for this??? a quarter a piece!! I got 4 of them. I mean, for the backyard, they're not bad. They're great for around the pool.This was one of my favorite buys. I did spend a little more on this but it was totally worth it in my book. It is all ceramic. I don't know if you can tell but it is also "antiqued" or "distressed" looking (which I love). So the whole 3 piece set (tray, the vase and the bowl with the wooden apples) was 20 bucks!! That really is a great deal for this set. This beautiful bouquet was my first purchase of the day...I was so proud of it. You can tell someone had it professionally done. It had a price tag on it from Craftmart but that could have been for the vase. Anyways, I paid $3 for this beauty!! I love her and she goes great in my house. So what'd ya think? Great finds or not? I thought so!! I got a couple of other things but nothing worth taking the time to post on this blog.

Now this next pic is worth the time!! Is that model material or what?!?! Maybe I'm partial but this kid should be on the cover of some studly magazine!!

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Are you kidding me? You got a set of four patio chairs for a dollar? I meant it when I said I have never gone - but I think I want to try going to some garage sales! What are your strategies? You need to post a garage sale tutorial for garage sale virgins like me!

Unknown said...

Wow! Good job. The thing that makes garage sale or thrift store buying so great is the FIND, what a thrill.
That Jarom is getting way too grown up, he doesn't look like a baby anymore, boohoo.
Yes, I forgive you for missing the reception, I'm sure I'll miss some of your stuff too.

Janalee said...

I love magnets. My dilemma lies in finding good tough strong magnets. I mean strong! do you have a source?

paula said...

I like the last item, priceless.