Saturday, November 1, 2008

only in the Wright house...

The day started out as all other Saturdays do. I got up early, and as always, attended Jared's football game. Jared hates football!! He has no interest whatsoever in it and his coach's know this. Due to his hate for the game, he usually only plays his mandatory 4 plays per half and that's all. Needless to say, Steve doesn't attend many of his games...not enough action. And that's okay, he stays home with the baby. Anyways, today was the first day of playoffs...single elimination, so we knew it would be an exciting one. Jared's team lost...they're out of the playoffs. He and I were feeling a bit blue about it but were quickly cheered up when we saw this in front of us...Yes, that would be a man up there in that palm tree. I'd say about 50 ft up, if not more. We thought it would be something that lots of you don't see on a regular basis so we snapped a shot and off we went to grab lunch. Got back just in time for Justins game. Now Justin on the other hand, loves football. He eats, sleeps, and breathes it. Due to his love of the game, he usually plays offense and defense and gets ALOT of playing time. Other than a the definition of a touchdown, I don't know anything about football. So don't ask me what he was playing or doing but next thing I knew one of the moms was yelling "where's the medic?! Get her over here!!" I look up and it is Justin who needs the medic. He hurt his wrist. After assessing him, she said it was probably torn ligaments or tendens. But after a while, Steve thought I should take him into the ER, so I did and sure enough, he's got a fractured wrist. Now in most families, the excitement would end there, right. But as we all know, us Wrights aren't "most" families and so the craziness continues!! While in the ER, I started having a really hard time breathing. As time went on it was becoming harder and harder to breathe and I was coughing an awful lot. One of the nurse's thought I should check in and be seen since we were already there. So I did. Next thing I know, they're putting me in a gown, doing chest x-rays, breathing treatments, putting oxygen on me, giving me steroids, etc. Needless to say, I was in the midst of an asthma attack (didn't even know I had asthma...seriously). Poor Justin, he was discharged without me and had to sign his own discharge papers. Then, had to sit there and wait for me. Luckily, I was able to go home after a few hours and here I sit blogging about it. What a day, huh? Only in the Wright house...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Julie, what's up with you guys?? I've been to the emergency room three times in the past 25 years with my kids. You win.

Alison said...

wow! ya what a day!!! November 1st just wasn't the day for anybody was it? I've been to the emergency room only once i think... and that was because i got bitten by a dog on my face and had to get 8 stitches.

Unknown said...

You guys are amazing!!

Jolene said...

Julie - I'm feeling so bad that you had such a rotten day! I hope you got some kind of treat out of it - like the other kids cleaned the whole house or someone took you out to dinner or something. You can count on your new neighbors to do absolutely nothing! :) I'm sorry I didn't know before, you let me know if you need something!

paula said...

So are you on a first name basis with the er nurses and dr.? Hope you are both doing better now.