Sunday, November 9, 2008

The candy Store

Yesterday was my first football free Saturday in a LONG time!! I knew not what to do with myself. I couldn't wait to sleep in as late as I wanted. Instead I got up at 6:45am and went yard saling...it was awesome!! I found some great stuff! Done by 10:00, I came home, washed all my stuff off and strategically placed it where I thought it needed to be. We then took all of the boys to get their haircuts at none other than "Sports Clips" and then went to the candy factory right next door. Jared thought he had died and gone to heaven!! I'm ashamed to admit I've never taken my kids to a candy store...and when I saw the prices I remembered why. $2.49 for 1/4 pound of candy!! R U Kidding me??? I know it's the novelty and all but c'mon! That's freakin' ridiculous!! So did we buy any? you ask. Of course we did! A whole half a pound! And a Big Hunk for Justin. Will we go back? Uh, probably not. I just have a hard time paying that much for sugar. The kids have now experienced it, thought the candy tasted the same as the candy at Wal-Mart, and the desire is gone. I have to admit though that Jareds excitement and the look on his face when he was filling his bag of candy was priceless. Oh, the things that make a child happy!! Such Sweet innocence!!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

You are a nice mom. I have taken my kids to the candy store a few times but I severly limit the amount they are able to get. I've never really been garage sale-ing. I would love for you to post pictures of what you got.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

tempe :)

mother of seven said...

I made that mistake only once... when I read candy store.... i knew you got hooked into it also.


A big waste of money for sure!!!

but I walked out with 25.00 worth of SUGAR!!!