Thursday, November 6, 2008

scary neighbors...continued

My mother always laughs at me because no matter where I go, I befriend at least one "freak". You know, the kind of person that will talk to whoever will listen because no one else wants to talk to them. Yeah, I always get stuck with that person. Whether I'm at the grocery store, doctors office, football field with my kids, or in a new ward...I get stuck talking to the freaks!! My mother also says it is because I'm nice and make everyone feel welcome and loved. Someone else once told me that when I talk or tell a story I make whoever I am talking to feel like they are the only person I am interested in...like they are the only one in the world. Whatever the reason may be, I do always get stuck with the freaks...but that's okay. Everyone needs a freak or 2 in their life, right?
I bring this up because I have recently moved. And with this new move came a new "freak". At least I think so. I must start by saying that I have not yet met this person or persons but was a little freaked when I decided to take a walk in my beautiful new neighborhood and walked past a license plate that read something satanic. I don't want to put it on my blog just to be safe. Anyways, I did not advise my children of this as I didn't want to freak them out. I did tell my hubby and he didn't seem too concerned. So, I have kept this in the back of my mind for a couple of weeks now. However this license plate really scares me!!
With the cool weather having just hit this area of the country my children have started walking home from the bus stop. Walking with them, has been the child of the "freak" with the license plate. So yesterday, or the day before, he informed my children that he does not go to church, he does not believe in God, nor do his parents and that God is just something his family has chosen not to believe in. Of course, the first thing out of their mouths when they walked thru the door that day was "Mom!! So and so doesn't believe in God!!" Immediately, my daughter said that he was bad and Steve told her "no, he is not bad...we don't know what or IF he has ever been taught about God". But in my mind, I am thinking...uh, read the license plate. They are evil!! Of course, I wouldn't tell this to the kids but honestly, these are my thoughts.
Here's my concern: I've never met them but my son has talked to them when ever he is out there and they are too. They've invited my 8 year old son over to play and I keep making excuses. The fact that they openly have a satanic reference on their car for the whole world to see scares me. What would you do? How would you handle this situation? How would you handle these "freaks"?

4 comments:

mother of seven said...

I need to know what is says .... sorry. I must call you!!!

Jolene said...

Julie - I am going to go walk around the neighborhood right now and find this person. I have lived here for seven years and I have no idea who you are talking about!

We have had our share of freaky friends however and I encourage my kids to invite them to play at our house and I never let them go over there. Just make cookies and have fun things to do so that they will all want to stay in your little nest and you can watch out for them.

spice2116 said...

yes i need to know what it says too. . . . tell me on myspace or send me an email.

but honestly julie i have never known you not to be honest and if they cannot appreciate your honesty then they dont need to be friends with you. also by being honest with them you can find out what they are truly thinking and you might change your perspective. and i would hurry and talk to the kids because more than likely if you arent talking to them about it they are finding out from these others people

Alishia said...

How scary! I agree with Jolene, if the kids want to play with the "freaks" make sure they play at your house.

I finally caught up with my blogging and read the story of Justin's broken wrist. Ouch!! I hope he is feeling better this weekend, although I'm sure he is totally bummed.

And, I'm sure you were blessed for not picking up your perscription on Sunday, but I would have gone. Call me evil if you want. You're a better person than me, that's for sure!