Sunday, May 23, 2010

in case you were wondering

My parents packed up their car and left yesterday. They decided they needed a little break from us so they headed to Lone Star State. There's something about Texas that I just love. Back when times weren't so tough, I'd go 2 or 3 times a year. The kids and I would load up the car and drive...and drive...and drive. And after 15 hours of nothing but blaring music and singing at the top of our lungs we'd finally reach our destination. And oh, how we loved it. We'd drive by all of our favorite places and talk about times past, we'd eat at our favorite places, and we'd chill. Until the humidity would remind us of why we love Arizona and then we'd hop in the car and come back home. And we all know... There's no place like home!!
Random fact - I was born in San Antonio, Texas....in case you were wondering.

No comments: