Saturday, May 1, 2010

The month of me

I know facebook has been out for awhile but for the most part I think most of us didn't become as addicted as we are until recently...like in the past year recent. For myself, at least, this addiction to Facebook has really affected my enthusiasm for and attitude towards blogging. For starters, I think more people are on facebook so the minute they log on, they can see what you have written. With blogging, you have to hope they remember you have one and check it to see what you have to say for that day. And don't ask me why but most people don't tend to comment on blogger. You write something on facebook and everyone comments. So, for the most part...I think people are just facebooking a little more and blogging a little less. I, for sure, know that I have slacked waaaayyy too much when it comes to blogging. SO in an effort to keep up with the blogging community, I have thought of a challenge for us all. It is for those of us who "never know what to write about" or "don't think anyone wants to hear what I have to say". We will call it "the month of me". Everyday in the month of May we have to write one random thing about ourselves. If all you want to say is that you love onions, then that's all you have to say. BUT you have to do it every day to win the challenge. I'll start. K?
I love Dove products!! I use their shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap, mousse, hairspray, EVERYTHING!! It all just smells soooo good. What's your brand of preference when it comes to the shower? C'mon peeps...you can do this. Oh and the grand prize...A giftcard...for one of my many mentions this month...but I can't tell you what....yet!

9 comments:

Steph said...

I loooove Dove products too!! They are the best! And I accept you Challenge!!

Tiffani said...

alright... hmmm... I think I'll give it a try. I don't think I am 31 days worth of interesting and I may delete some of these posts after may is over, but I'm in! Gasp!

Varney Family said...

I second what Tiffani said! But I will give it a try!

Alishia said...

My blog is more of a family history. So, I will post something about my family everyday. Is that good enough??

Heather said...

EVERYDAY!!!??? That is just too hard! I will shoot for once a week. :) thanks for the challenge. My blog is kinda like Alishias, more of family outings. I'll see what I can do!

spice2116 said...

What an awesome idea. I will partake of the challenge too :)

Alli H. said...

Hmmmm, okay. I will do it. I too write about my family a lot on my blog so I will blog about them and about myself occasionally too.

Unknown said...

I'm probably with Heather - I'd be doing good to do once a week. I'll shoot for that. BUT I love when you do this Julie, gives me a reason to get into the blogs and see what craaaaazy thing you've said. You go girl!!!

SBrooks said...

I like it. Since I went private, no one hardly ever comments. I miss the comments as they let you know someone is checking in and cares on what's up with your clan. So, I want you to know I love ya! You are spunky and full of great ideas!