Wednesday, May 12, 2010

tattoos

When I was 19 years old, I drove to my parents house one Saturday night, sat down at the table with them and advised them that I would be getting a tattoo. A floral band around my ankle. Probably some small daisies or maybe even plumeria but it would be around my ankle for sure!They had just gotten home from a party and so Dad was a little tipsy. Just to set things straight my parents don't drink anymore. But when they did, Dad was always very serious and a little emotional when it came to me. So when his only daughter told him that she was about to tattoo herself, lets just say, he didn't take it well. He was so sad. A few minutes later, as mom and I were still sitting there talking to eachother I looked to the end of the table and there sat dad...just shook his head, stared down at the ground and said "she's gettin' a tattoo"...totally oblivious to the fact that I was sitting right there at the table with him. Well, I have always and still do look for approval from my parents. There's not much I do without first consulting with them. So, when Daddy made it completely clear that he was not okay with this, I dropped it. Random fact for the day...I don't have any tattoos.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Julie...so fun;-) I am learning all kinds of things about you!