Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye

My friend Michelle called tonight and told me that President Hinckley passed away. I was both surprised and saddened as this was so unexpected. For those of you who do not know who he is, he was the president of our church. He was such a great and wonderful man who knew exactly what we (lds church) needed and would benefit from. Not only did he look out for our church but for every race and religion out there. He was filled with words of wisdom and whenever he spoke those words the whole world would listen. I was baptized in 1999 so he is the only President I knew and in the few years I have been a member of the church he has accomplished so much and his words have greatly influenced me. We have a record # of Temples today and over 13 million members due to his great love of temples and missionary work. What a sad day this is for us but what a beautiful day this must be for his sweet wife who has been waiting for him. Goodbye President Hinckley...we love you.

No comments: