Saturday, January 26, 2008

Where's all the money?

So my daughter has a school project due Monday. She is to do a timeline listing 1 memorable thing for every year she has been alive. Along with that, she needs a penny from each of those years. We found all of the pennies with no problem EXCEPT for 2008. I called all of my friends and no one could find one...I then went to Safeway where the customer service manager had all of the cashiers looking and no luck there either. I thought I might have better luck just asking people in the parking lot of Safeway, everyone was very friendly and willing to check their pockets and purses, but still, no luck! So before quitting and going home we went to Circle K and they checked both registers only to send me off empty handed. I'm beginning to think that Mrs Coking (my daughters teacher) chose the wrong time of year to do this project!! I wonder if they are even in circulation yet...and, if so, then where is all the money??

1 comment:

Alli H. said...

Julie you are a hoot. You were begging for a penny. I would ask for the penny and a whole dollar too. 2008 or not!

But seriously, they probably just have not minted it yet.You know the government. Wish her luck on her project.