Monday, January 28, 2008

Uh-Oh!!

Okay, I have to admit that I have taken a few falls in my adult life. I fell out of the car when I was pregnant with my son Justin. I fell in the middle of an argument with Steve when I was pregnant with Steph. I fell twice when I was pregnant with Jared...once running from a mouse and once running to one of my kids who I thought was being chased by a swarm of bees!! I was running with a cup in my hand and in the middle of my sprint to her (don't ask me what I was thinking) I decided it would be best to put my cup down. So without even slowing down I bent over in the middle of my run and placed the cup on the ground, I then proceeded to topple over onto my belly and lie there until I quit seeing stars and until I was done laughing at myself. Not only was I laughing at myself but everyone there was laughing. Not one of them, including my hubby, got up to help me due to the fact that they were all on the ground themselves rolling around in histerics. Then I fell down the stairs at my kids school when I was pregnant with Jarom...this is how I found out I was pregnant actually. So, as you can see I tend to fall when pregnant. I also tend to crave things that never sounded remotely good at any other time in my life. So last week I was at Frys and a 2 liter of Apple soda kept calling my name...Julie!!...Julie!! Now, I have never had apple soda in my life but last week it just called me until I could no longer resist and I bought it. I immediately thought to myself "I never crave things, what is up with this?". But then I remembered that I have an IUD and it is merely impossible to get pregnant with it...whew!! I'm safe!! Well, yesterday while shaving my legs in a shower that I have long known is a peril in my home, I fell!! Now this was no gentle fall. You see, I have nowhere to prop my leg while shaving it so I have to kick it up in front of me and prop my leg up on the wall while shaving..I knew the day would come where I would fall flat on my face. And that day was yesterday...one foot on the ground one foot on the wall...the foot on the ground slipped further and further until I fell and looked as though I were a cheerleader in the splits position. I couldn't hold this position long as I have never been able to do the splits anyways, so I then rolled to my side, hurt my arm and hit my big toe on who knows what!! I, of course, laughed, then listened to see if anyone was running up to see what had happened..they weren't, then laughed again. I AM FEELING IT NOW!! Why is it that you are never sore until the next day? But more importantly, what does this mean? We'll see in a few weeks...

6 comments:

Alli H. said...

You are sooo funny. I hope that you are okay today. My gosh. Girl, get a shower chair and shave those legs!:) However, for now I hope they are REAL SMOOTH for all the trouble they gave you. Love ya.

Trails-N-Trolls said...

LOL.....this was absolutely the most amusing thing i've read in a LOOOOONG time!!....(not about the fact that you've unfortunately encountered some pain through these ordeals...but because it was soooooo well written!!) You're an awesome writter and i can't wait to hear the ending in a few weeks!!!! Thanks for sharing....

Janalee said...

So did you tell Steve about this fall? And is he crapping his pants?

Ashley said...

Sounds painful! The things we go through for smooth legs!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

so you might be having a baby? how exciting :)

mother of seven said...

Julie you are FUNNY!Thanks for sharing AND writing in your blog more. FB would not have given this story justice!!!


Keep it coming (and keep us posted?)