Monday, June 22, 2009

2 truths and a lie

Back when I lived in San Antonio I held a Christmas party and invited a bunch of people that wouldn't normally hang out together. I did this so everyone could get to know eachother better. So, we played several "getting to know you" games but one that we played was 2 truths and a lie. This is where you go around the room and tell 3 things about yourself with one of those things being a lie. It's great fun to try and figure out which one is the lie and to hear the stories behind the truths. That night, we found out that one of the people had made it all the way to the semifinals of Who wants to be a millionaire. One of the people did not have indoor plumbing until 1994. Two of the guys there were cloggers when they were younger which was so hilarious because they were both "manly" men. So, I decided we should play 2 truths and a lie. I will list 3 things about myself. In the comments you need to list which one you think is the lie and I reveal my secret tomorrow. Feel free to list 3 things about yourself so that I can guess your lie as well. Okay, so here's my 3 things:
~I hitchhiked across 5 states and 2 countries at the ripe age of 15 - Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Colorado and straight into Mexico...I felt like Thelma and Louise (except they drove themselves)
~I once got into a fight at a Tanya Tucker concert resulting in her stopping her concert and calling out for security thru her microphone. I didn't get in trouble though because I was defending myself from a group that was trying to barge their way into our spot that we had saved for the 8 hours prior to the concert.
~My senior year of high school my best friend Tabby and I were running from a group of guys and jumped right off of the pier at Ocean Beach straight into the water. We ended up having to be saved by the lifeguards because we got caught in the current.
hmmmm, lets see who knows the real me.

4 comments:

Bev said...

why don't you just make this easy onus and just play 3 truths. that way we learn all about you without having to guess

Jolene said...

I think number 2 is a lie. Seriously, you would wait 8 hours saving a place for TANYA TUCKER?

Janika said...

I was going to go with number 2 as well.

As for me, I never actually wanted children. I was a Miss America Semifinalist. And want to teach high school science.

PS was I at that party in SA, because this seems familiar?

mother of seven said...

I am going to have to guess since I have not known you for that long. I say number 1 is false. I will assume your mom would of killed you if you did!!!


ok for me...


My step father is Buddhist and my mom and Corbin had a Buddhist wedding ceremony.

Frank and I used to own clothing stores in the mall.

I gave birth to one of my kids at home. Yes a home birth!!!!