Thursday, June 4, 2009

As seen on TV

I was with a few women this evening that I go to church with and after discussing what we had met to discuss we stayed and visited for a while. As with all women, we talked about all kinds of different stuff...dishsoap, laundry soap, how to stretch your dollars, vinyl lettering, owning a business, the economy, how to have cash in our pockets without hubbies knowing, you know, all the important stuff in life. But the one topic I am still thinking about is all the crap one can buy when sucked into those infomercials you see all night long. Yes, some of the stuff is worth trying but for the most part, it's a waste. We talked about the Turbo Cooker, the Green Bags to keep your produce fresh, makin bacon, instyler, bendaroos, EZ combs, the BumpIt (which I really want to try) and a ton of other stuff. There are so many products out there!! So I'm just wondering...what infomercial product do you remember most AND have you ever bought anything from those infomercials? I'll be honest here, I haven't but hubby did buy the TurboCooker and the FoodSaver (both of which I liked and got a lot of use out of). Your turn.

3 comments:

Alli H. said...

I am a victim of the infomercials too. I have not purchased the items from the TV, but when they are at other locations like HSN, where I can get more for my money I have purchased. So far I have gotten P90X, and that really has worked well for me. For having my baby in April I have lost over 21 pounds in little over 1 month.

I have the PEDEGG and that has done wonders for my feet. I also got the Cricut. That has helped me so much with card making and will help me with projects for the kids as they grow older. I got the Magic Bullet Blender Machine. It is great for making smoothies.

So, I watch the infomercials and I honestly like some of them. :)

Janalee said...

I've never once bought anything - but boy they sure sell it to you good and I want to try it all. But I go to bed and forget about it.

spice2116 said...

i am a sucker for workout videos i have tons