Friday, June 12, 2009

thanks mom!!

Mom, Aunt Julia and I went to Mesa Market Place today. For those that aren't from Mesa, it is a HUGE swap meet (over 55 acres) where they sell everything from pet rocks to clothing to furniture to outdoor decor...EVERYTHING!! While there, we watched a demo for these "magic" markers. They really were cool and we got suckered into buying some but that stories for another day. When the lady was done giving us her demo and convincing us that we were getting a "steal" with her price my mom said "you're a pretty good sales girl...my daughter here can sell anything...she could sell you a rock and you'd think you were buying a treasure...are you hiring?". WHAT!! I know she did not just ask that girl if she was hiring!! The last thing I want to do is sell "magic" markers to a bunch of retired folk in 110 degree weather. I can't stand those pushy sales people at swap meets, you know the ones that walk up to you and force you to listen to them feed you crap about some cheesey product...especially some "as seen on TV" gimmick you catch at 3 am when your kids won't let you sleep. Well, before I knew it this girl was asking for my phone #, talking to me about salary, and asking if I might be interested in selling this "magic" glue at some swap meet in Phoenix. Ummmm, thanks mom!!

3 comments:

jana said...

how funny - so would you do it?

Julie said...

uuuuhh NO!!

mother of seven said...

so funny!!!!!