Monday, June 29, 2009

triggered desires

I want a baby. I really, really want a baby!! I've been wanting one for a while now. I start having withdrawals when mine start hitting around 2 and a half or 3. You'd think that after 5, the oldest of which is 19, I would be done. And I am done...I just really wish I could have another. It's nothing I think about on a daily basis or anything but when I see someone with a baby it makes me miss those days and think about what joy it is to hold a sweet little baby in your arms. Then there's those days when I think...only 15 more years and we're done!! But my Sister in Law announced last week that she is expecting and that triggered my desires. Now I keep thinking about how lucky she is to have that sweet little something to hold, to love, to kiss and to make her feel loved unconditionally....like only a baby can.

5 comments:

Janika said...

A newborn baby is the greatest thing in the world. Wonder. Perfection. Amazing. I always said I could give birth to 100 babies, I just didn't want to raise kids.

Unknown said...

I have one word for you: Grandkids! So different from having your own yet so wonderful. You can be the hero with your own kids by snatching up that baby anytime they come near, thus giving the poor tired parents a lovely break. I hate to say this but you're not that far away from Grandmama.

paula said...

I agree with Diane, I was thinking the same thing.

Julie said...

c'mon now ladies...I'm only 35...please don't wish that upon me yet.

Jolene said...

ME TOO!!!

ps - you did a GREAT job tonight.