Sunday, June 28, 2009

remember your first best friend

So one of my weaknesses is wrapped in a little blue wrapper and is called Dove Promises. Not only do I love them because of the way the chocolate feels like silk when melting in your mouth but because of the little daily thought they put on the inside of the wrapper. During sacrament meeting today I decided to have myself a little taste of heaven and popped one in my mouth. My wrapper said "remember your first best friend.". Which got me thinking about mine. Her name was Nicole Kuzma. I grew up in military housing in San Diego and her house was connected to mine...directly next door. I want to say that we were 7 when we met...and we were inseperable. If her family went somewhere I went with them and vice versa. We dressed alike, we did our hair the same, we played softball together and chased after the same boys (when we were older)...inseperable!! So today, I want you to remember your first best friend...and I want to hear one thing about her.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Mmm, I am going to sit by you next Sunday. Throw a dove my way! ;)
I just had lunch with my bff from
8th grade (thanks to fb). I loved her she was a go with the flow girl, someone you could just be yourself around!

DeeDee from SA said...

My best friend was Rachel. I met in her in Kindergarten and we were friends from K-3rd grade. We moved to a different side of SA, and we lost touch. We ran into each other at San Antonio College at the gym there when we were about 22and we both instantly recognized each other. We lost touch again after a couple of semesters. I hope our paths cross again some day.