Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yard Sales and Bunco

As of today, when one enters my home, they will encounter this in the entryway... Isn't she a beauty? I bought her today for...wait for it...wait for it...10 bucks!! So the table and everything on it cost me a total of 20 bucks!! Is that awesome or what? All yard sale purchases.
The following is a picture of what I like to call my washboard wall. This whole wall including the mirrors was $5. I paid a buck for each of the mirrors which were a horrible orange (but black paint makes the world a better place) and $3 for the 2 small washboards. The big one is actually the washboard my grandma washed my moms clothes on. Pretty cool huh? If you happen upon an unwanted washboard please send it my way!
This wall was $4.98...thats what I paid for the 2 gold plates and the red sign was a bunco win made by one of the ladies in the bunco group.
This, too was also a bunco win made by the same lady!! It sets on one side of my piano and brings me much happiness. I do not know yet what will go there when the 4th of July has come and gone but I'm sure I'll think of something.
On the other side of my piano sits my most treasured purchase of the day...Vogues book of Etiquette. I paid a whoppin 25 cents for it and I can't get enough of it!! This book was purchased new by the lady I bought it from about 50 or 60 years ago. It was printed in 1948 and is full of helpful hints for men and women on etiquette. Quite interesting!! I plan never to part with this little treasure!! Look at the binding!! So worn and old...I love it!! And here is a sampling of what you will find inside of her. Click on the picture to be able to read the excerpt.
Yard Sales and Bunco...2 of my favorite things!!

2 comments:

Janika said...

The more I watch HGTV the more excited I am about yard sales and consignment shops. Good job on it all.

mother of seven said...

I am so jealous!!! You did great my friend!! Great finds.... I need a garage sale buddy. Interested?